Message from the Superintendent
On behalf of the Waynesboro Area Board of School Directors, faculty and staff, I welcome you to the Waynesboro Area School District. Having served 37 years as a Waynesboro educator and administrator, I am honored and humbled to serve as your superintendent. I grew up in the Waynesboro area and even attended elementary school in first and second grades at the current administrative building on Clayton Avenue.
As your superintendent, I want you to know that I am focusing on two main goals for our students:
- Become a driving force and advocate for student achievement within the Waynesboro Area School District.
- Provide visionary, enthusiastic leadership that enables all students to receive an education that challenges them to reach their full potential.
My motto is to always ask: What is "best" for the students of the Waynesboro Area School District? Thus, my decisions are based on the answer(s) to this question.
Waynesboro Area School District has a tradition of performing well in academics and extracurricular activities. We are blessed with hardworking and talented teachers, administrators, and support staff, who are student focused and committed to providing a quality education for all students. We also have a dedicated and caring Board of School Directors who is devoted to serving the students of the Waynesboro community. Lastly, I am impressed with the overwhelming support we have from parents and the community.
All district stakeholders are focused on our mission of educating and empowering students for future success. Therefore, I am pleased to have the opportunity to work closely with each stakeholder group while serving as superintendent.
I hope our website will prove to be helpful to you. If you are thinking about moving to our community, thank you for your interest in our schools. If you are already a member of our community, I hope you share in our pride of our district.
Together let’s make a difference in the lives of all students!
Dr. Sherian Diller
Dr. Sherian Diller is a graduate of Waynesboro Area Senior High School, and has spent nearly all of her professional career in the district. She holds a Doctorate of Education from Immaculata University, as well as Masters' Degrees of Education in Educational Administration and Reading Specialist from Shippensburg University. She also holds a Bachelors of Science Degree in Elementary Education from Pennsylvania State University.
Her career in education includes the following:
- Superintendent, Waynesboro Area School District 2012 - present
- Director of Elementary Education, Waynesboro Area School District, 2002-2009; 2010-12
- Principal, Mowrey Elementary, 2001-2012
- Acting Principal, Mowrey and Fairview, 2001-2002
- Principal, Fairview Elementary, 1993-2002
- Assistant Principal, Fairview Elementary, 1991-1993
- Principal, Spring Grove School District, July 1991-November 1991
- Classroom teacher, Waynesboro School District, grades two, three and four, 1977-1991